Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Checkbook Cover Changeup

I decided to change my technique for making my checkbook covers. My original design is stylish, but I felt the pull tab was 'out of place'. So I removed it from the design. I then decided to edit the basic design in many places. I now use less fabric, less interfacing and make checkbook covers easier and more durable. My stitches are much neater giving a more quality-look to the overall piece.

As you can see by the above photo, my checkbook covers are now just a single-fold without a clasp. If you purchased an original one, then purchase one of my new ones, you will see the profound difference. I have a handful of critics that I show my work to and they all agree the newest design is the better one.


I am in the process of making more in varying attractive fabrics. I am also revamping my site and trying to decide how I want to showcase my products. I have decided to not try a craft fair at this time, as I do not think I have enough product to make it worth my time, effort, and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment