Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Handmade Accessory!

I am typically an afternoon person. I don't normally get up until between 9am-10am. On this particular morning, Precious (my male kitty) and Kadi (my BF's female kitty) decided it was time to rough house at 7:30am. After being awoken by Precious 'bawling' and chasing Kadi across the bed (ugh), I got up and handed out some discipline. However, when I layed back to down with the intent to go back to sleep, sleep didn't come. I began thinking about my sewing, thinking about my handmades and how I can make something different. All these ideas came flooding to me on changing my checkbook cover. I just lay there in bed mulling it over in my head how I would incorporate this or sew that, etc.

8am, no more mulling, let's go sew!



The above two were my first trials. Both were just not long enough for the fold.


For the first one, I didn't think it looked appropriate to have the card holder on a flap. I decided that I wanted it in the center instead.




So on my third trial (they say third time is a charm!), after much debating and measurement figuring, I put the card holder in the center and made sure there was enough fabric for both folds to go well.
Here is the outside, all folded





Now the inside:






You can see here below, the card holder has enough spaces for SIX cards! And you get to see a little detail too. =)



So there you have it! My newest item to add to my shop! Now to go restock on interfacing and get back to sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment